The Jeder Institute is a ground-breaking, dynamic organisation who brings people together to realise their full potential and build on their existing networks and community strengths! We believe that everyone has abilities and everyone has something to contribute to their communities because there is no one we don’t need!
Jeder Institute is a not-for-profit organisation, established as a pathway for all people to develop networks, enhance skills, practice leadership and further build both personal & community capacity. Our unique approach is based on the principles of strengths focused practice and incorporates frameworks and philosophies, such as Person Centred Approaches, Asset Based Community Driven (ABCD), Appreciative Inquiry, Circle Work and Participatory Leadership practices.
Jeder Institute provides; individual, community and organizational tailored support, personal development, skill enhancement, coaching, mentoring, leadership and consultancy opportunities that encourage linking, formally and informally, with peer-networks of individuals, families, communities and professionals across Australia and internationally.
Our commitment is to provide a diverse range of services and programs, which are directly relevant to the individuals, families, professionals, communities and organisations, which seek to empower themselves, and others, regarding choice, control and inclusion.
Vision and Values to Action:
With the National Disability Insurance Scheme rolling out this interactive program recognizes the importance of a top-down and bottom-up approach in achieving culture change and provides opportunities to develop Person Centred leaders across all areas of an Organisation, ensuring sustainability.
It has been our experience that person centred leaders are only able to achieve their potential when given the appropriate support and resources from senior leaders within their organisation. Of particular importance is the training of front line staff, whom will ultimately support the work of the person centred leaders.
This Program is based on a model that features two phases:
1. The first phase is designed to prepare and support the senior leaders of an organisation for visioning and planning a paradigm shift and training a significant number of staff in the essential application and implementation of person centred practices. This phase also identifies emerging leaders of person centredness and coaches them in preparation for the second phase.
2. The second phase focuses on growing these new leaders and the coordinated vision. It provides them with the skills for coaching and mentoring other staff and facilitating parts of the program as internal training.
• To prepare and plan with senior leaders for a paradigm shift
• To bring together staff across all areas of an organisation’s operations in vision and practice
• To train a significant number of all staff in the essential applications of person centred practices (whom eventually support the work of the person centred leaders)
• To identify leaders of person centredness
Timeframe: 6 days over 3 to 6 months
Delivery methods: Interactive workshops, take-home tasks and group mentoring
Learning Outcomes (of the 6 workshops for all staff):
Develop an understanding of the definitions of person centredness, both in theory and in practice, and how this relates to cultural change at their organisation
Apply and model congruence (the alignment of one’s values and behaviours)
Use and promote person centred thinking and planning learning frameworks (tools)
Gather information to develop individual plans in a person centred way
Develop Person Centred Profiles and Plans
Use facilitation techniques across a range of contexts e.g. with a small group, working 1:1
Employ methods of reflective practice in daily work life
At the conclusion of Phase 1 the following outcomes will have been achieved:
• A significant number of front line staff trained to think and operate in a person centred way
• A team of person centred leaders identified and prepared for Phase 2
• A leadership team with a clear PATH, vision and action plan for becoming a person centred organisation
• To develop person centred leaders across all areas of an organisation’s operations
• To build the capacity of the person centred leaders to coach and mentor staff in the implementation of person centred practices and the organisational vision.
Timeframe: 6 days over 3 months
Delivery methods: Interactive workshops (including two with senior management), take-home tasks and individual mentoring
• Develop a deeper understanding or person centredness in theory and practice
• Facilitate Maps and Pathways to Leadership Leaders are able to provide mentoring to the initial staff trained and promote reflective practices
• Contribute to senior management’s vision for cultural change at your organization
• Influence in-house mandatory training content
• Develop the skills to maintain momentum, build resilience and manage uncertainty within cultural change