Date(s) - 25/09/2019 - 27/09/2019
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Pratten Park Bowling Club
How do we create a community that listens deeply so that every voice is heard?
The 3 day Asset Based Community Development (r)Evolution is a deep dive into ABCD and Strengths based Community Development processes and practices with a skilled team of practitioners from across Australia including:
Dee Brooks, Michelle Dunscombe, Om Dhungel, Renae Veedikint, Vanessa Alexander, Dean Quirk and Friends
THE WHAT: Participants will experience how to blend Asset Based Community Development (ABCD) with other practices and processes and practically apply a range of tools & skills to:
• Focus on assets and strengths rather than deficiencies
• Discover ways to blend methodologies
• Apply strengths-based monitoring and evaluation
• Build effective partnership strategies
• Increase confidence in hosting group work
• Form powerful enquiries and proposals
• Explore group dynamics and decision-making
THE WHY: Many of the challenges faced by individuals and communities require transformational change, which can only be achieved by focusing on the gifts and strengths within. Methodologies, which respond to this way of working, may include:
• Citizen & Community-led Initiatives
• Asset-based or Place-based projects
• Collective Impact & Action work
• Collaboration & Community Conversations
• Participatory Citizen’s Juries & Budgeting, & more
THE HOW: Participants will learn ways to weave, embed and sustain ABCD and other strengths-based and participatory practices through co-design and collaboration processes. We will show you how to move from dialogue to action and how to discover ways to address complex challenges via innovative
solutions, including the application of:
• Asset-Based Community-led Development (ABCD)
• Results Based Accountability (RBA)
• Change and/or Social Labs
• Art of Hosting & Harvesting (AoH)
• Circle Methodology
• World Café
• Open Space Technology
• Appreciative Inquiry & SOAR
• Graphic Facilitation & Harvesting
• DEC Thinking & Breath Patterns
• Presencing & Theory U
• Next Stage Organising & Living Systems
WHO IS IT FOR?Anyone & everyone who wants to explore the power of collective creativity, intelligence & collaboration with each other & within their communities.
Business leaders, social entrepreneurs, community & not for profit leaders, community organisers and their teams.
Next generation leaders and other young activists.
Department leaders, policy officers & program managers.